Home » Uncategorized » Saving on Driving Costs
31 MaySaving on Driving Costs
- Become an ECO Club Card member for up to $ .15 per gallon savings for premium gas.
- Keep tires properly inflated and change filters as recommended.
- Plan so you complete several nearby tasks on one trip.
- Contact your Congressman and tell them to stop the monopoly and reduce the swipe fees on credit and debit cards.
- Evaluate your true savings before trading in your vehicle for an efficient model. The cost to replace often greatly outweigh the benefits.
- Maintain a safe speed but reduce your speed and avoid quick take-offs.
- Do not carry heavy items in the car while driving.
- Accelerate speed going down hills, not while going up unless necessary.
- Avoid idling for over 3 minutes.
- Service your vehicle for spark plugs, filters and fluid levels regularly.
- Keep windows closed, especially at high speeds.
- Avoid using the AC.
Why does gas cost so much?
If gas costs $3.79 per gallon
Taxes = $ .628 per gallon in sales, State and Federal taxes and fees.
Credit card fees (AMEX, MC and Visa) = $ .10 – .12 per gallon
ECO Travel Plaza earns $.02 per gallon after credit card fees to pay for staff, utilities, property taxes and other operating costs.
The more fuel costs per gallon, the greater the credit card fees and the more you pay at the pump.